Thursday, September 6, 2007

a new day is dawning

excluding external conditions of life, what is it that entices a person to have a good day instead of a bad day? is it a chemical/hormonal balance? is it atmospheric pressure? is it planetary alighnment? is it a divine chess match?
i prefaced the question by excluding external conditions of life. sometimes, things that we have no control over can upset our plans and moods. there are times when these things are so overwhelming that we short-circut our brains and "bad days" result.
you know that i always have a thought-provoker experience that brings these to mind, so here's the situation. yesterday was a very busy day for me. it was my first day back after the holiday and it was my last full day before choir rehearsal resumes. i had 5 days of work to accomplish in 3 and had someone drop a big art/design project on me (actually, they asked nicely) and someone else drop a multi-faceted project which included video, restructuing of the planned order of worship and editing galore (they didn't ask as nicely, but i still agreed to it all).
then, the small but "huge-in-my-eyes" remodeling project supplies were delivered and a funeral visitation and...and...and...and...and i was up more than an hour later than normal.
i was much busier than usual, and yet, it was a good day.
everything on paper says this day should stinketh! and yet, today is an even better day than yesterday. projects are getting done, plans are being made and refined. God is clearly evident here in my life today.
so, i go back to the question: what makes for a good or bad day?
i'd like to give a profound answer, but i've got nothing to offer. but, i rest on a familiar motto, "life stinks, but God is good".

Emmanuel, i can feel that you are with me throughout this day. in Your presence is found peace. thank You for Your peace experienced in my life and whatever atmospheric pressure has brought me to my knees in grateful acknowledgement of a good day. and also i thank you for the bad days for they teach me reliance on You. You are the creator of this and everyday. i will rejoice and be glad in You in this day.

No comments: