Wednesday, March 5, 2008

fresh air

how great is it when you can clear the air with someone?
i just love it when God keeps up His end of the deal by blessing those who speaking honestly & humbly to those around us (which, by the way, is always! we just don't always have the nerve to do it).
it's not appropriate for me to share the details of the conversation, but i will summarize. there is a relationship in my life that was strained because of some perceptions between us. there was nothing sinful involved, so confrontation was not needed. we simply weren't on the same page.
but, after much soul-searching on my part, i knew i needed to speak up. God blessed us with the appropriate time and place and method of communication for me to speak from my heart (which i hope is always honest and humble).
the best part is that, unbeknownst to me, God was preparing the soil. the message was received with its true intent and fresh air has entered our relationship.
it's not over. we've still got work to do. but, we are going to work on it, work through it, work together (the three of us: them, me and God).

Blessed Redeemer, why does it always surprise us when Your plans work for us? thank You for Your patience with us and thank You for choosing to redeem us. please continue to teach me sincerity, honesty and humility for they are clearly the best ways to show Your love--the love that builds those who know it and welcomes those who don't yet know it. Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: