Monday, August 10, 2009

i can't believe it's been 2 months since i've typed my thoughts into this completely pointless and worthless website known as the blog of jared. time flies when you're not paying attention.

and, really, i don't have much to say today, except that i want to be real and genuine. i want to be completely transparent. i want to live without pretense or facade. hopefully, you know me to be like that.

and having said that, i want to type here that this blog is just my thoughts. i write things here that you may or may not agree with. sometimes i don't even agree with all the things i write. my thoughts are not always holy and reverent; sometimes i am raw and irrational. i want to be like Jesus, but that process isn't always neat and tidy. nonetheless, these words are my words and i own up to the things i say.
if you're blessed by them, i'd like to know that. but, then again, i don't need to know it. i'm glad that God spoke to you through me.
if you're offended by my words, that's your right, too. but, don't hold anger against me. there's no point in you committing a sin just because my words rubbed the wrong way. let's discuss it; let me know what i said that was hurtful to you.
if you don't like what i write or the way that i write, don't read it. my self-esteem doesn't ride on your approval of my blog. i didn't write it for you or your pleasure or really for anyone except myself. it is my catharsis.
if you look at me differently because of my transparency, that's OK too. so be it. i was not placed on this planet for your approval. i'm just a citizen of heaven, temporarily assigned to serve God in this place.
and, if you think this transparency speaks against my previous statements about being like Jesus, then let's discuss that too. i'm open to listening to your ideas on what a christian's attitude ought to be.

No comments: