Thursday, April 22, 2010

answered prayer

for the past couple of months or so, i've been trying to remember to recite (with sincerity) a prayer that goes like this:
"Lord, as i sit down to play, restore to me the joy of rehearsal, of performance and of music. You have gifted me, so i play for Your glory."
i don't always remember to pray it, i confess. But, as i start the final countdown for my ccu recital this evening, i look back and realize that joy has been returned to my heart and music. i'm not surprized that God hears and answers the prayers of His people, but it makes me smile to see the answers. well, i mean to say, "hear" the answers.

note to self: don't forget to pray.

You orchestrated the universe and have place the music in our souls. thank You. i experience a new revelation with the psalmist--the joy of Your salvation is now expressed through the joy of music. i love You.

No comments: