Wednesday, February 20, 2008

i miss my teenager

i miss my teenager.
  • the phone is not ringing as much
  • no one is stopping by
  • we're not getting up from the TV to pick her up from work
  • left-overs stay around longer
  • there's plenty hot water for my shower
  • there's no mail (because i don't remember to pick it up)
  • no one is home to watch the baby while i take a nap
  • there are no clean dishes (because i don't remember to turn on the washer)
  • there's lots of trash in the house (because i don't know when trash day actually is)
  • i had to shovel my own driveway
  • there are no mysterious odors coming from her bedroom
  • i am not abandoned of toilet paper

i miss my teenager for many reasons, but mostly because her absence has left a void in my life. i love her and her absence heightens my longing to have her back home in our family.

God, bless the team in mexico--especially my teenager. she's only gone a few days, but we miss her so. what will next year bring when she starts life on her own? we've only had her for a year-and-a-half. i can't imagine the longing if she'd been ours since birth. bless her life and her work.

1 comment:

Don said...

I feel your pain, Jared! Having gone through that separation TWICE, I know how tough it is. But it's a great blessing to see them become what they were meant to be.