Tuesday, March 25, 2008

after easter

God was praised through music at lcc unlike any time in recent years. God blessed the band and the singers and the congregation with an amazing excitment and energy for His glory.
so, why am i stuck on the very few negative comments?
it's an interesting dichotomy in church musicians/worship leaders that when things go right, we give glory to God for the gifts and blessings He has given. but, when things go wrong, we take it personally.
i'm not complaining. i'm just asking for God to strengthing me more and more in my personal journey and development as a worship leader--help me to be all things to all people. and, i'm asking him to strengthen my skin and soften my heart to be sensitive to the words that others speak. maybe they really are attacking me, but maybe they are reaching out to be heard.

Lord, bless our church and empower us as worshippers to be authentic and to bring you all that we are.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

hey...i'm a worship leader too...stumbled upon your blog by way of my dad's...he apparently reads your blog as well.

this entry really spoke to me. it is an interesting dichotomy...thanks for putting words to my thoughts.
i'm encouraged to know that others think like me as well...

i pray your same prayer...hoping that God will strengthen both of us.

blessings...
Kristi Templeton
First Christian Church of Huntington Beach