Sunday, October 26, 2008

well, it's official--and it's hit like a hurricane--israel has his first cold. i'm talking about the kind that makes nyquil a household name (no we haven't given him that yet. he's sleeping OK without it). sniffling, sneezing, stuffy-head, aching, fever, etc.
he's so pitiful to watch with his runny nose and runny eyes (the truest symptom of an old-fashioned cold). but, my heart melts when he runs to get a tissue (although somehow, he pronounces it with three syllables tis-see-yooo). he'll not be a church today because of it, which saddens me too.
but, it reminds my of the lyric to a song a wrote several years ago. i still pray this prayer.

'til the fever breaks rest here in my arms
'til the fever breaks stay here beside me
God give you strength to fight this disease
God give me strength to care for your needs
'til the fever breaks find comfort in this:
i'll not leave your side 'til the fever breaks.

No comments: