Sunday, August 30, 2009

patience

i just have to be real. it's a call from heaven, but also, it's who i am (mostly because of the call from heaven). i want to be a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. no pretense and no facade.
so, i have to say upfront that i'm learning patience through our production of miss saigon. i'm so excited about the show that i want to be making bigger strides and sooner. i'm ready for the pressure of tech week. i want... i want... i want...
wait, there's the rub. whenever it becomes about "me", i loose patience--not with myself per se. when i let it become about me, i loose sight of a bigger perspective. this is an "us" thing, not a "me" thing.
so, then i have to step away from myself and look at the group and know that we are progressing, moving forward. it's a daunting show to try and pull off and there are many tees to be dotted and eyes to be crossed before we open in about 2 months.

Lord, teach me patience. and, let me use these 2 months wisely and for Your purposes (You have me here for a reason).

No comments: