Wednesday, November 4, 2009

as the opening of miss saigon approaches, this song keeps coming to mind. may my offerings on and off stage be only for His glory.

the stage is bare by sandi patty

the stage is bare; the crowds are gone
the love we shared still lingers on.
we sang and played and we laughed and cried
and in our fumbling way we tried
to way what only hearts can know
but, all too soon we had to go
but now here in this darkened room
just empty seats--there's just me and You.

it was so easy to call You Lord when a thousand voices sang Your
praise

but, there's no one to hear me now
so, hear me now; be near my now.

the stage is bare; the crowds are gone
Lord, now's the time i need Your song
to give me joy and certainty
when no one else is watching me
i need You more than words can say--tomorrow's such a daily
day

and so, i need to feel You then, holding my hand
please hold me then, i need You, Lord.

No comments: