Thursday, January 31, 2008

random thoughts

last night was a night to recognize the blessings of our lives and to give credit where credit is due (to God, the giver of all blessings--you remember, "praise God from whom all blessings flow...").
well, it strikes me more and more how blessed i am. everytime i examine one of my blessings, it train-of-thoughts into a web of even more blessings that support the first blessing i thought of.
for instance:
  1. i am blessed by my friends at church, therefore
  2. i am blessed by my friends of discipleship group, and
  3. i am blessed by my team of workers in the worship arts ministry, and
  4. i am blessed by my family, which
  5. i met my wife at church, and
  6. my neice/daughter worships with us and is one of the above mentioned workers in the worship arts ministry, and
  7. our son would not be our son if not for the prayers and support of my friends at church, so
  8. i'm even more blessed by my friends at church, which really creates a circle of blessings in my life

this reminds me of an old amy grant song (actually written by rich mullins)

If you see the moon rising gently on your fields; If the wind blows softly on your face. If the sunset lingers while the cathedral bells peal and the moon has risen to her place...

You can thank the Father for the things he has done. Thank Him for the things He's yet to do. And if you find a love that's tender, if you find someone who's true, thank the Lord. He's been doubly good to you.

If you look in the mirror at the end of a hard day and you know in your heart you have not lied. If you gave love freely. If you earned an honest wage and if you've got Jesus by your side...

You can thank the Father for the things he has done. Thank Him for the things He's
yet to do. And if you find a love that's tender, if you find someone who's true, thank the Lord. He's been doubly good to you.

Thank You, Lord. You've been doubly, triply, quadruply, undeniably good to me.

No comments: