Wednesday, April 23, 2014

let it go

i've heard that the popular song "let it go" from the movie "frozen" is the most covered song ever on youtube.  and i'd believe it.  i can't believe how many people have recorded a video of their rendition and posted it for all the world to see (and critique).  even my own wife & children will belt that one out when it comes on in the car...or, unfortunately...a restaurant!
lyrically, the song isn't, IMHO, the most God-honoring thing, though i don't think it's bad.
but today it strikes me as a concept i need to embrace:  letting it go.

  • i have to let go of myself so that the Spirit can manifest in me
  • i have to let go of my selfish desires for the sake of those around me
  • i have to let go of my dreams in order to have them replaced with bigger and better God-sized dreams.
  • i have to let go.  period.
last week i had to let go of something very precious to me.  and while it was something tangible and i let it go for something better (though significantly less tangible), it hurt.  a whole freakin' lot!  it was sort of like the nail in the coffin on a dream.  and that, not just any dream, but a deeply-burning-in-my-soul kind of dream.  it was more along the lines of one of those "when God closes a door, He opens a window", window-wide open dreams.  
i felt like my window got closed.  forever.  boarded up, bricked over and sealed with foam.

but yesterday revealed once again that God is faithful and He's in control.  my perspective now is that not so much that the window was closed as much as it was removed from that house and put into a new and better house to let in a better, fresher breeze and life and love and joy.

of course, i can't tell you all about it.  that's the glory and agony of blogging.

but for now, i am content to be reminded that when i let go, God takes the reins.  and oh, what a ride it'll be.

Lord, let me be faithful even in this time of uncertainty.  hope springs eternal!

No comments: